RAKBANK has strong relationships with financial institutions located in Middle East & North Africa region, the Indian Sub-Continent, South-East & Far East Asia and Europe to assist our clients in their local & international banking needs and their short & long term finance activities. Our coverage spans across a wide range of financial institutions including but not limited to Banks, Multilateral agencies, Participation banks, Investment banks, sovereigns and Non-banking Financial Institutions.
The Bank brings leading edge Financial Institution and correspondent banking relationships for all Trade Finance products such as Trade Letter of Credits, Bills of Collection, Bank guarantees, Stand by letter of credit and a broad spectrum of financing options by providing structured trade finance products, forfaiting, post-financing and access to export financing through export credit agencies, among others.
Unfunded Trade Products
- LC Advising: Our export department facilitate access to local and regional banks for your L/C advising needs at competitive rate.
- LC Confirmation: With limits for a gamut of banks in developed and emerging countries, we offer efficient services and competitive pricing for confirming and negotiating L/Cs globally
- Guarantee: RAKBANK’s designer-made solutions offer a full range of guarantee instruments to cover performance and financial risks that may arise from business transactions. These solutions endeavour to facilitate foreign trade through inter-bank co-operation from all our international locations.
- Bank Risk Discounting: RAKBANK provides L/C bill discounting facilities after acceptance from the issuing bank under limits established for them. This enables an efficient and effective process that opens up a range of possibilities for funded needs of our customers.
- IRU based funding – We engage our FI & trade capabilities to provide funded (& unfunded) participation in trade transactions through IRU based mechanisms.
- Bilateral & Syndicated FI Lending – RAKBANK actively seeks partner banks across the world to lend to on a bilateral or syndicated basis.
- Islamic Lending – With our strong capabilities on the Islamic banking front, we offer a range of Shariah compliant lending solutions to our FI clients, both for trade & non-trade financing.
RAKBANK handles trade distribution under the Master Risk Participation Agreement (MRPA) and is committed to ensuring our FI partners do not miss out on any Bank risk transactions. We are able to Offer and Accept disclosed and undisclosed Trade Syndications from Group Financial Institutions.
We also engage with Distribution desks of FIs across the world to buy and sell institutional assets on a regular basis